Reno personal injury attorney Eric A. Stovall has been representing injury victims throughout Nevada since 1987. Before entering law, Eric was a licensed insurance agent. He ran a successful independent insurance agency for many years in Reno. After working in the insurance business, he found that he could do more for victims of personal injuries as a lawyer, helping people win the restitution they deserve.
Eric’s experience on the business side of claims has proven invaluable to his personal injury and insurance litigation practice. He not only understands the complexities of insurance law and various policies, but he also knows the strategies that insurers use when investigating claims. He utilizes this insight to help his clients pursue full and fair compensation for their medical expenses and related damages.
Additionally, he assists families of all sizes and descriptions with surrogacy and adoption in Nevada.
- University of Nevada (B.A., 1983; J.D., 1987)
- 1987 – Admitted to the Bar in Nevada and U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- 1989 – Admitted to the Bar in U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Washoe County Bar Association, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Academy of Adoption and Assisted-Reproduction Attorneys (AAARA), Member
- President Elect, AAARA
- Founding Member, American Academy of Assistive Reproductive Technology Attorneys (AAARTA) – Now a part of AAARA
Eric Stovall has obtained millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for his clients throughout Nevada. His notable cases include:
- Matthews v. Collman, 110 Nev. 940, 878 P.2d 971 (Nev. 1994)
- State Farm Mut. Auto Ins. Co. v. Jafbros Inc., 109 Nev. 926, 860 P 2d 176 (Nev. 1993)
- Bergmann v. Boyce, 109 Nev. 670, 856 P.2d 560 (Nev. 1993)
- Birth Mother v. New Hope Child and Family Agency, 118 Nev. 962, 60 P.3d 485 (2002)
- Birth Mother v. Adoptive Parents, 118 Nev. 972, 59 P.3d 1233 (2002)
Practicing out of Reno, Nevada, Eric assists clients in a variety of personal injury practice areas across the state, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Casino Negligence
- Defective Products
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Insurance Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
In many cases, the first step toward recovering compensation for medical bills and other damages is filing an insurance claim. However, it can be difficult to get a fair insurance settlement if you work alone — even from your own provider. If the insurance company will not agree to fair terms, then Eric can represent your best interests in a lawsuit.
In addition to personal injury, Eric also handles surrogacy and adoptions in Nevada.
Need Help With a Claim? Contact Our Reno Personal Injury Lawyer Today
As a Las Vegas and Reno personal injury attorney, Eric has been able to successfully help his clients seek compensation for their personal injuries from any kind of accident. He offers free initial consultations and works on a contingency fee basis.
Call (775) 256-5757 or contact our Reno personal injury law firm today to learn your legal options.
Washoe County Bar Association
AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®
State Bar of Nevada
Expertise Best Personal Injury Lawyer
Call Attorney Eric A. Stovall at (775) 256-5757 to discuss your case today.