Injured in a Car Accident?
Our Reno Car Accident Lawyer Offers Free Consultations for Injury Victims
Car accident injuries go far beyond the initial pain and suffering that the victims suffer. Victims may face expensive medical bills for treating their injuries. They may have to miss work, depriving them of the wages that they need to provide for their families. It may destroy their vehicles, which makes it difficult to get to work, run errands or take the kids to school. In some cases, a person may have to undergo extensive rehabilitation. Worse, the most tragic car accidents rob families of their loved ones. Were you hurt in a car accident? If so, then our Reno car accident lawyer may be able to help.
Reno personal injury attorney Eric A. Stovall helps individuals after a car accident. He will help determine the causes of car accidents as well as seek recovery for injuries. He will provide you with aggressive, dedicated representation. Additionally, he helps you build a strong case against the at-fault party and that party’s insurance provider. Eric is a former insurance agent who once ran his own insurance agency. He has been on both sides of insurance disputes. As a result, he understands insurance company’s tactics to cut recovery for car crash victims. He will take on those insurance companies to ensure that you receive full and fair recovery for your injuries and losses.
What Are Common Car Accident Causes in Reno?
More than 30,000 people die from car accidents each year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. In 2015, 325 of those accidents happened in Nevada. Here are a few common causes of car accidents in Reno, NV:
- Distracted driving. Distractions come in three forms: visual, cognitive and manual. Visual distractions take the driver’s eyes off the road. Cognitive distractions occur when a driver is not mentally focused on the task of driving. Manual distractions take the driver’s hands off the wheel. While distractions come in many forms, texting and driving is particularly dangerous. Texting while driving fits all three categories of distraction.
- Drunk driving. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 27 Americans die every day as a result of drunk driving accidents. Another sobering statistic from the Federal Bureau of Investigation states that the average drunk driver has driven drunk 80 times before the first arrest. All it takes is one person’s preventable mistake to result in catastrophic injuries or wrongful death.
- Driver error. Failure to obey Nevada traffic laws account for a significant portion of car accidents. These laws include speeding, running red lights and not stopping at posted stop signs. The NHTSA reports that 93 percent of car accidents are the result of driver error.
- Manufacturer errors. Defective car parts have led to several high-profile class action lawsuits. Even the most attentive of drivers can fall victim to defective car parts. These include airbags that explode, tires that blow out and defectively designed SUVs that roll over.
- Poorly constructed or maintained roads. Thousands of Americans die every year as a result of poor road quality or conditions. State and federal laws require cities, towns and other municipalities to build, design and maintain safe roads. But any number of deficiencies can lead to accidents. This can include damaged signage, lack of traffic signals, lack of nighttime lighting and more.
Do You Have More Questions About Car Crashes? Contact Our Car Accident Attorney in Reno for Help
It can be difficult to know what to do after a car accident, especially if you have never been in one before. In fact, you may have many questions about your car crash case, such as: Who is liable for my accident? What’s the statute of limitations for an accident? How long does it take to receive compensation? and more. You can get answers to all these questions in a free initial consultation with our personal injury attorney.
At Eric A. Stovall, Ltd., we stand committed to providing only the best in client representation during car accident lawsuits. Thus, we will be there for you every step of the way. Reno auto accident lawyer Eric A. Stovall handles every case with respect and professionalism. He handles all paperwork and procedures and keeps you informed of the progress of your claim.
Nevada state laws are complex, but Eric Stovall can guide you through your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. He also offers several different plans for attorney’s fees. These include contingency fee agreements for most personal injury cases.
Did you or a loved one suffer injury or death from a car accident? If so, then you can reach our Reno car accident lawyer at (775) 337-1444 or fill out our online contact form here.