Injured in a Car Accident?
Our Reno Car Accident Lawyer Offers Free Consultations For Injury Victims
The effects of car accident injuries go far beyond the initial pain and suffering that the victims suffer. Victims may face expensive medical bills for treating their injuries. They may have to miss work, depriving them of the wages that they need to provide for their families. Their vehicles may be destroyed, making it difficult to get to work, run errands or take the kids to school. In some cases, a person may have to undergo extensive rehabilitation. Worse, the most tragic car accidents rob families of their loved ones. If you have been injured in a car accident, a Reno car accident lawyer may be able to help.
Reno personal injury attorney Eric A. Stovall assists individuals in determining the causes of car accidents as well as in seeking recovery for injuries. He will provide aggressive, dedicated representation and help you build a strong case against the at-fault party and that party’s insurance provider. Eric is a former insurance agent who once ran his own insurance agency. He has been on both sides of insurance disputes. As a result, he understands the tactics that insurance companies use to minimize recovery for car crash victims. He is prepared to take on those insurance companies to ensure that you receive full and fair recovery for your injuries and losses.
What Are Common Car Accident Causes in Reno?
More than 30,000 people die from car accidents each year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. In 2015, 325 of those accidents happened in Nevada. Here are a few common causes of car accidents in Reno, NV:
- Distracted driving. Distractions come in three forms: visual, cognitive and manual. Visual distractions take the driver’s eyes off the road. Cognitive distractions occur when a driver is not mentally focused on the task of driving. Manual distractions take the driver’s hands off the wheel. While distractions come in many forms, texting and driving is particularly dangerous. Texting while driving fits all three categories of distraction.
- Drunk driving. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 27 Americans die every day as a result of drunk driving accidents. Another sobering statistic from the Federal Bureau of Investigation states that the average drunk driver has driven drunk 80 times before the first arrest. All it takes is one person’s preventable mistake to result in catastrophic injuries or wrongful death.
- Driver error. Failure to obey Nevada traffic laws such as speeding, running red lights and not stopping at posted stop signs account for a significant portion of car accidents. The NHTSA reports that 93 percent of car accidents are the result of driver error.
- Manufacturer errors. Defective car parts have led to several high-profile class action lawsuits. Even the most attentive of drivers can fall victim to defective car parts, including airbags that explode, tires that blowout and defectively designed SUVs that roll over.
- Poorly constructed or maintained roads. Thousands of Americans die every year as a result of poor road quality or conditions. State and federal laws require cities, towns and other municipalities to build, design and maintain safe roads. But any number of deficiencies can lead to accidents, including damaged signage, lack of traffic signals, lack of nighttime lighting and more.
Do You Have More Questions About Car Crashes? Contact a Reno Car Accident Lawyer for Help
It can be difficult to know what to do after a car accident, especially if you have never been in one before. You may have many questions about your car crash case, such as: Who is liable for my accident? What’s the statute of limitations for an accident? How long does it take to receive compensation? and more. You can get answers to all of these questions in a free initial consultation with our personal injury attorney.
At Eric A. Stovall, Ltd., we stand committed to providing only the best in client representation during car accident lawsuits. We will be there for you every step of the way. Reno car accident lawyer Eric Stovall handles every case with respect and professionalism. Besides handling all paperwork and procedures, he will keep you informed of the progress of your claim. Nevada state laws are complex, but Eric Stovall can guide you through your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. He also offers several different plans for attorney’s fees, including contingency fee agreements for most personal injury cases.
If you or a loved one suffers injury or death from a car accident, you can reach our Reno attorney at (775)337-1444 or fill out our online contact form here.