Nevada Car Accident Statistics
From Our Car Accident Lawyer In Reno, NV
Car accident statistics show the widespread negligence of automobile operators across the country. When negligence leads to serious injury or death, you need a qualified attorney who understands all sides to represent you. As a former insurance agent, Reno automobile accident attorney Eric Stovall understands all the tactics and methods the insurance companies use to avoid paying out the damages you deserve.
Our car accident lawyer in Reno, NV wanted to share the following statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to illustrate the devastation caused by car accidents every day throughout the country.
National Car Accident Statistics
- Car accidents are one of the leading causes of death for Americans. They are the number one killer of young people between the ages of 5 and 34.
- Over 30,000 people die in fatal car accidents every year.
- Over 2 million people sustain critical injuries in car accidents every year.
- Distracted driving played a role in 18 percent of all serious accidents in 2010. This includes using a cell phone for texting and driving, eating, drinking, programming a GPS or performing another distracting activity behind the wheel.
- Car accidents, traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries are closely linked. Car accidents cause 17 percent of all traumatic brain injuries in addition to 46 percent of all spinal cord injuries.
Nevada Car Accidents
Nevada does not have a primary seat belt law. This means that police officers cannot pull someone over for a seatbelt infraction. Statistically, states with primary seat belt laws see higher seat belt use (87 percent versus 76 percent) and, thus, fewer traffic deaths.
Contact our Car Accident Lawyer in Reno, NV
Remember, if you lose a loved one or sustain serious injuries in a car accident, then there are ways for you to receive compensation for a variety of damages, including:
- Loss of limb
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future medical bills, including surgeries and physical therapy
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of limb
- Lost wages
- Loss of companionship if you lost a loved one
- Property damage
To learn more about your rights or to learn what to do after a car accident, then contact our Reno accident attorney. You can call (775) 256-5757 or submit a confidential contact form online. Our car accident lawyer in Reno, NV can help you figure out the best course of action during this traumatic time.
If you have an adoption or surrogacy issue, please see our other website, www.NevadaAdoptionLawyer.com
Washoe County Bar Association
AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®
State Bar of Nevada
Expertise Best Personal Injury Lawyer
Get Your Free ConsultationServing Injury Victims and Their Families Throughout NevadA
Call Attorney Eric A. Stovall at (775) 256-5757 to discuss your case today.